Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happy Birthday to ME!!

This weekend I turned 30! To celebrate, my wonderful husband threw me a birthday party and it was everything I could have wanted! A nice relaxing day at the river house with our kids and lots of our friends and their families.  As you know by now, we have a wonderful group of friends in our neighborhood! They all have 8-9 year old boys that Jason has a blast with, and little siblings for Caitlin to play with. The moms and dads all get along very well and I am so grateful that everyone made the trip to the river to spend my birthday with me.  My good friends Holly and Amanda, along with their husbands and kids also made the trip from the bay area. H & A were my roommates freshman year at college and when I see them (which is NOT often enough) it seems as if no time has gone by at all.

On the way home from the RH, the Tim McGraw song "My Next 30 Years" came on the radio and as the family was quiet resting from the weekend, I couldn't help but feel extremely grateful for the wonderful family and friends that I have and how excited I am to spend this next chapter of my life with each of them.  My first 30 years were pretty awesome, but I have to say I am so excited to see what the next 30 have in store for me.


Sammie's favorite place on Earth!

Shelby, Avary and Caitlin



Claire, Julie, Michelle and Bella
They love getting their picture taken almost as they love each other
Claire, Avary, Kiera, Bella, Caitlin


Amanda, Holly and Me!
13 years ago I met these lovely ladies!

Brian and my YUMMY cake!



Family Pic!
All the kids minus Payton who wasn't feeling it. Just having a few families up for the day resulted in 15 adults and 17 kids!
Jacob, Griffin, Jason, Caitlin, McKenna, Nick, Kiera, Bella, Claire, Avary, Jackson, Jillian, Zach, Ryan, Blake and Brayden!


I love these girls! Brian took them on a quick boat ride before a ski run. They were screaming and squealing out of pure joy the entire time!



The Sheriff's are always a hit! They gave out water bottles after handing out stickers as a reward for having life jackets on. The kids were so excited!

Jason did an awesome job skiing this weekend! He got up easily and stayed up for a very long time.

Kierra was the only other kid who was up for trying to ski (other than Caitlin who is just waiting for her feet to grow so she can fit the skis). She followed all my instructions and will be up in no time when she is ready to practice more!


Here is some footage of Jason skiing, he was up for so long that I had to stop filming. Great job Jason!!!
post signature

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

We all had a great time helping you celebrate your 30th Megan!!

McKenna Genna said...

We had so much fun! Thanks for having us! We should come up and go to funderland(?) with you...looks fun :)