Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Caitlin's totally unnecessary, but cute, "report card"

Today "report cards" were handed out for the final trimester at Merryhill. Not for Jason, but for Caitlin. "WHY", you may ask "does Caitlin need a report card"? Great question. I have no idea. I guess to have proof that the small fortune we pay them is worth it? Having Caitlin, safe, happy and close to home is worth it to us, but if this makes them happy and feel like they are  doing a good job at preparing the kids for school, then who am I to complain?

The grading system they use is similar to the one in Natomas Unified School District, where there aren't letters, but numbers (1-4) to base their achievement. Everything is based on improvement and where they are in relation to the school year. I'm glad to see that Caitlin has "mastered" many of the requirements in the Intermediate class and that she is now ready to move on to Pre-K. Only ONE more year until Kindergarten, and you bet Brian and I will be going out for a celebratory dinner that we made funding two kids through daycare/preschool.

Congratulations Caitlin on your wonderful report card!

post signature

0 comments: