Wednesday, April 28, 2010

St. Jude's Trike A Thon

Normally, when the kids have fundraisers at their schools, the money raised goes towards the school. For new PE equipment, library books, general classroom supplies etc. For Jason's (public) school, I fully support as many of these as we can. In addition, when the kids were at Discovery Tree Preschool, I also tried to support as many as we could because it was an independently owned, small chain that depended a lot on parent contributions. However, Caitlin's current school, Merryhill, is a Corporation with locations all over the nation. I do not have the same general feeling of fundraising obligation here that I have before. So, when the regular fundraising activities go around for cookie dough, butter braids, See's candy, etc., I just pass them by.

However, today Caitlin participated in Merryhill's annual St. Jude's Trike-A-Thon. I thought this was a fantastic idea and loved the organization of the website and how you could send out emails and track donations without having to hassle with collecting money from people.  The initial goal for the school was to raise $500 and they ended up with a total of $2570 with Caitlin raising $165! THANK YOU to everyone to donated to this wonderful cause.

The 3-4 year old group getting ready to take - off
Waiting patiently for instructions

I had Caitlin take her "baby" bike to give her an advantage on the track. Her legs aren't quite long enough (or strong enough) to get started by herself on her big girl bike. Man did she go fast!

post signature


 

1 comments:

The Young Family said...

so cute Megan! What a great idea :)