Today was Caitlin's first day at her new preschool, and also Jason's school play. Caitlin had her last day at Discovery Tree yesterday. Jason started DT January, 2003 at 16 months old. 6 1/2 years later, it was time to move on. I was clearly the one who is taking it the hardest. We have been prepping Caitlin for months and after a few visits to her new school and lots of hugs and goodbyes from her friends and teachers, she seemed happy to embark on this new adventure.
Caitlin was a little hesitant when I first walked her in, but after about ten minutes she was ready for me to go. Just like at DT, when she is ready for me to leave, she leans over to give me a hug and kiss and says "goodbye mommy". I watched her for a few minutes through the window and sniffled the long walk out. She did really well and said she had fun. I hope every day is as successful as her first and that she meets lots of new friends.
Jason's last day of second grade is tomorrow, so to end the year, his second grade class did a play today, called "Life Cycles". He was a plant and a snake. The snakes stole the show if you ask me!
Getting squeeky clean for the first day of her new school!
1 comments:
It's such a bitter sweet thing... we want them to be so independent and when they are we are left sniffling. :) What school is Jason going to?
Post a Comment