I've been travelling quite a bit recently. About 6 weeks ago I got the feeling of "all I want to do is sit on a beach and watch my kids play". Since they don't have a break until Thanksgiving and I can't take that week off, I figured a three day weekend would be the next best thing. So I booked The Dream Inn in Santa Cruz for Veteran's Day weekend. The weather was mild and we fit in a lot of fun in just a few days. We didn't head down that way until Saturday noon-ish because Jason had his last baseball game of the season.
We spent Saturday testing out the beach boardwalk, miniature golf and the pool. Sunday was jam packed of shell hunting on the beach (we even found two whole sand dollars), Frisbee playing, swimming and lots of time at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk which was just a short 1/2 mile walk away from the hotel. We finished off the night with an amazing dinner at El Palomar in downtown Santa Cruz. This was the very best Mexican food I have had in a long time and I would highly recommend it. We all crashed by 8:30 pm :) That's what I call a good day!
Monday morning we took a nice leisurely walk down the pier to watch the sea lions. After a great breakfast at The Buttery, we got a little more pool time before packing it up to come home. The hotel was fantastic and we had a great mixture of fun, relaxation and best of all family time.































0 comments:
Post a Comment