Sunday, November 14, 2010

Oh you better watch out...

The other day, for the first time this year, I used "Santa" as a threat to my kids. Caitlin was crying about going to bed and I told her she better be careful because Santa is watching her. After the look of terror left her face, Caitlin asked what Santa would bring her if she made bad choices. I said "dirt" because I didn't think she knew what coal was... I know it may sound bad, but it is hysterical now since this happened.
 
Yesterday she was cleaning up her room singing to herself "I better be good, I better be good, or else Santa will bring me dirt, I better do what my mom says, or Santa will bring me dirt...." Also, we were waiting in line to get flu shots and there was a girl about 18 months old screaming and throwing herself on the ground. Caitlin looked to me, asked me to bend down so she could whisper in my ear "that girl is going to get dirt for Christmas huh?".
 
Since Jason is nearing the time when he will no longer believe in Santa Claus, it makes me happy to know that we get to re-live the magic all over again with Caitlin. Last year she knew who Santa was, but this is the first year she understands and asks questions (LOTS of questions) about him and how he sees her and where he lives. Just like Jason did at this age, she also often asks me to sing the "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" which she calls the "Christmas Song".
 
Anything but dirt...
Just kidding, she asked him for a camera :)
 
post signature
 

0 comments: