Today was Jason's 6 month dental check up, and Caitlin's first ever trip to get her teeth checked. When Jason went to his first check up, it was more of a trial run to get him used to the idea of the Dentist. They maybe cleaned his front four teeth just for him to see what it felt like. He got to play in the chair and examine all the tools. Then each visit progressively got more complete. NOT this place... we have been taking Jason to Children's Choice Pediatric Dentist where it is like a wonderland.
The lobby is full of toys, TV's and video games and each exam chair has a plasma above the chair with a full library of kids movies to choose from. There are bright toys, balloons and prizes to pick at the end. I didn't prep Caitlin because I wasn't expecting much... boy oh boy were we in for a surprise. They did a FULL exam, x-rays, floss, cleaned each tooth, fluoride and the doctor check. Jason was calmly watching his movie for his entire check up, without making a peep. I wasn't so sure about the approach, but I guess they know what they are doing??? Maybe Caitlin won't remember this traumatizing event, and by next time she'll be 6 months older and be able to make it through a little better.
0 comments:
Post a Comment