Sunday, February 22, 2009

Playing in the rain (and mud) and fort building...































We didn't have any plans today, and after a lazy morning realized we probably weren't going to get up and go anywhere in this rainy windy weather. I asked the kids if they wanted to go play in the rain for a bit and they eagerly jumped at the opportunity; especially after I said to wear shoes and pants that could get muddy. We haven't yet bought rain or snow boots this year, so I just told them to put on some sandals and be prepared to have cold muddy feet. Did they ever!

Joined by Sammie, we went to the bike path at the end of the street where they found lots of mud puddles. Caitlin wasn't so sure about the mud, but liked the rain and wind. Jason thought it was hysterical that his flip flops kept sinking into the muck, and seemed surprised that I didn't seem to mind at all that his feet were wet, cold and muddy. What are lazy days for after all?


Later in the afternoon as the kids were getting restless, I suggested they play together and try to build a fort. After a little help from me, their fort was complete. Jason took in a flashlight and Caitlin took in her princess wand to help them see. They played in there together (nicely!) for probably over an hour!

0 comments: